Week 36~~~4 more weeks to go

Yay...reached week 36.  So far so good.  

Backache
If I sit too long, then I get this backache that makes it very difficult to walk.  But if I sit in a position that straightens my back, then the backache would vanish fast.  I still haven't determine which position is that.  Sleeping on one side doesn't help the backache at all.

Acid reflux
It's getting worse.  And lots of phlegm.  It doesn't help that I eat lots of spicy food (my family loves to cook them).  I eat very little in the evening.  

Cravings
Getting more and more cravings towards the end of pregnancy.  Like chocolate.  Any cold, sweet drinks.  Yesterday night after puking my dinner, I had a sudden urge to eat instant noodles.

Peeing
I don't think I have reach the point where I peed a lot.  Unless I drink a lot before bed.  Otherwise, I only wake up like once to pee at night.  Maybe baby has not lodge yet?

Baby movement
I have a feeling there's not much space for her to move already.  As it is, I am small built.  But when she stretches, then I can feel her bones poking through my uterus.

I have so much of burning questions now.  More like anxiety and nervousness.  I really do not know what to expect.  No matter how much I read about it, I am still in the dark.  I guess it's normal for a first-timer.

Q: Will baby be pre-term, full-term or post-term?
The difference between each one is a week or two.  If baby is pre-term, then she will be out like next week???  If full-term then it's another 4 weeks.  If post-term, then it's another 5 weeks.  I can't even predict like those who is having a second child could.  The reason is I told my bosses that I am due in 4 weeks time.  To them, it's a long time.  But in case I am due early, I might as well start handover now.

Q: What does Braxton-Higgs contractions feels like?
Until now, I don't know how Braxton-Higgs feels like.  I know real contractions.  But not Braxton-Higgs.

Q: When will my waterbag break?
The million dollar question.  Just in case, I will just prepare a towel in the car.

Q: Contractions?  Will I be able to handle it?
I really don't know.  Would I say my pain tolerance is high?  I also don't know.  I remembered there was one time when my GP was trying to sew me up after removing a cyst from my thigh and the local anesthetic was waning and I was in deep pain.  The GP told me that since she still have 2 more stitches to go, she doesn't want to inject me again with LA.  Guess what, I could feel her poke through my skin with the needle and pull the thread over.  I was shivering in pain but it was bearable.  I didn't scream or shout.  Would it be the same this time?

Q: When will the drama start?
I am not taking leave from work.  So, I might have contractions while still at work.   Good thing is the hospital is just next to my work place.  Like 5 minutes drive.  So I can always asked my colleague to send me there.  But if it happens at night, then I have to trouble my family.

Next week only we get to see the Obgyn.  It's a 3 week break when I should have seen him in 2 weeks.  Hopefully nothing major happens until he comes back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department