People's reaction

This is just for fun since I find that I enjoy blogging a lot.  I guess this is the hobby that I am seeking.

Since pregnant, I noticed that different sets of people have different sets of reaction when they see a pregnant woman.  Correct me if I am wrong but this is based on my observation.

Unmarried man - When it comes to single man, they will ignore the fact that you are pregnant.  In fact, they won't even ask you about it.  I remembered a time when we were out with some friends at a restaurant in Shenzhen.  We were all seated in a round table and waited to be serve.  When food came, one of the unmarried man (there were like 4 of them in the same table), asked my friend (who was 3 months pregnant) how come she is not eating.  Then I told that man that she is expecting a child and have no appetite.  The reaction at the table was so funny as all the 4 unmarried man stopped eating and just stare at her.  Stunned.  I wondered what was on their mind.

The same thing happened to me.  My husband has few unmarried man friends here.  And all of them would ignore the fact that I am pregnant and would not even bring up the subject.  It's just so funny to see their reaction.

Married man with kids - Married man with kids are very understanding towards pregnant woman.  After one event, I was sweeping the floor.  One married man with kids quickly came and took the broom from me and told me to just sit down and relax.  Some will asked me how far along I was.

Married man without kids - Their reaction is neutral.  Some will be like unmarried man.  Some will be like married man with kids.

Unmarried woman - I find some unmarried woman are quite like unmarried man.  I have a boss who is an unmarried woman.  While she understands why I keep on taking MC, she also thinks I am under-performing this year.  And I heard from my other colleagues who were pregnant before, when it comes to KPI, she gave really low marks to pregnant woman because she said other colleagues have to do the pregnant woman's work when she is on maternity leave.  

Younger unmarried woman, like college students can't even be bothered about you.  They don't hold the lift for you.  They don't stop their car to let you cross the road.  They even bump into you and not a word of sorry.  

But I have friends who are unmarried women and they are very understanding.  Though they never been pregnant, but they keep on checking on me.  But some don't understand the intricacies of pregnancy.

Married woman with kids - I find this group of people are the most understanding.  That's because they went through it before.  They will keep on checking on me to see if I am ok.  They will asked if I wanted or needed anything.  They will also give me preloved things.

Married woman without kids - I was in this group before pregnant and I have to admit, I felt very envy when I see a pregnant woman.  I can understand those who has been struggling with infertility  or miscarriages and see a pregnant woman.  They can be bitter.  They can be sad.  They can also get upset.  I went through it all.  And I can totally understand.

But we should not generalise everyone's reaction to just one.  And we should not judge people's reaction based on their facial expression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department