Edema - Swollen ankles / feet

Week 29 and having edema on both my feet.  Looks like elephant leg.  When pressed, it's soft and bouncy.  Not painful (fingers crossed) but my soles are painful, which is pretty common for me before pregnancy especially when I don't wear my FitFlop.

Walked too much - swell.  Sit too much - also swell.

So there have to be moderation in between sitting and walking.  

My colleague who is 2 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy has been ordered bed rest by her Obgyn.  She started having contractions and there's dilation in her cervix.  Her due date is early Jan 2016.  And she is now in her 7.5 months only.  Just few days before she was admitted, she said she already packed her hospital bag.  And I was like, that's just so early.  And then she got admitted.  Sigh.  Sometimes better to be 'pantang' than not.

I am hoping my baby would only come out at 40 weeks and not earlier.  Although I do appreciate the bed rest for now, coz I am so fatigue all the time, but that's about it.  Maybe not bed rest but just like rest at home coz in the office, I can't lie down.

What works for my feet for now is the wear house slippers when at home.  Those fluffy and soft ones with the sole that is not rubber so that I can just slide when I walked.  No need to lift up my ankles or knees, you know, the lazy way of walking.  It feels better for my feet.

Putting my feet up when sleeping doesn't really help to reduce the swelling much.  Night massages before sleeping helps a little.

I do feel heavier and that can be felt on my knees.  Especially when I tried the squatting toilets.

Sitting on the floor is also not as easy as before coz it's very difficult to get up and I looked like a whale trying to get off the shore and back into the water.  

I have just entered third tri and already start to experience all this.  Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.  Coz there's so much to do.

I still drive to work and around.  But now I try to leave earlier so that I don't get caught up in the jam.  Or else, feet will swell again because sitting too long, especially the left foot that doesn't move much for automatic transmission cars.

Hubby and I would go for evening walk for about 20-30 minutes.  Now that the weather is clearer, it feels so nice to walk around the garden.  Nice time to bond and chit chat and not concentrate on chores and what to do and all that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department