To sum up the 2nd trimester

OK, am moving to the 3rd trimester now.  Want to say it's fast but doesn't feel so.  Want to say it's slow but also doesn't feel so.  But today I managed to stop traffic.  So my stomach is now big enough to be noticeable.  Haha!

For me, 2nd trimester was quite easy.  No more morning sickness, except occasional indigestion and acid reflux which causes vomiting.  Like most women said, you have most energy this trimester, which is true.  But still I rested a lot.  I didn't do so much exercises also.  But will get into that when it comes to the 3rd trimester.

At times I would even forget that I am pregnant, like I got down on my knees and bend very quickly to take some things, without even realising that I have a big stomach.  

Started to feel baby's movement around Week 19.  By now, I can tell there's a schedule of her waking up and sleeping.  She is more active at night than day.  Hope this is just happening in the womb and not when she is out.

I still don't have craving for any particular food.  I eat whatever is there and also don't eat much.  No food aversion either.  But I like cold drinks a lot.  Especially milk.  

We still haven't prepare anything for baby yet.  A lot of friends are giving me preloved items but don't dare to give me now, worried that I 'pantang'.  Anyway, we haven't make space for baby yet.  So, yeah, our room is exactly like it was before pregnancy.

Towards the end of the 2nd trimester, I feel some symptoms of the 1st trimester came back.  Like I can't 'tahan' my colleague's Lanvin perfume again, which made me nauseous.  And lots of mucous, phlegm, especially in the morning or after I eat anything sweet.  That can be quite annoying especially it kinda affects my breathing and at times it makes me lose my appetite to eat anything.

Getting out of breath quite frequent also, especially climbing up stairs.  So have to go slow.  I am kinda use to the loud heartbeat thumping sound in my right ear by now.  It's still there, louder especially when it's quiet at night.

My belly has gotten bigger by now and many people already knew without me telling.  And that excitement of me being pregnant and having a baby on the way kinda dies down too.  

I prefer to sit on the floor than on a chair during functions because my legs are short and most of the time can't reach the ground and it hurts my knees a lot.  Unless there's a stool underneath that supports my feet, like how I sit in the office, then it's ok.  Otherwise, metal chair can be quite uncomfortable for me especially sitting for long hours.  Preferably chairs with full back support instead those with a bit hole.  Because now the support for the waist is more important than the back.  At times I even sit cross-legged on a chair.  But now that I have gotten bigger, it's not that easy.  Unless the chair is a big chair.

So, sitting on the floor has been quite comfortable for me.  Can stretch whichever way I like.  But the only discomfort is the sciatica nerves that is acting up again.  And with husband not around, it's driving me nuts.  But I found that if I sit on a my office chair again, then it's back to normal.  Weird.

I don't know what to expect for the 3rd trimester.  Trying my best not to think too much about it.  Hope for the best.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department