The 8th month

Every time someone asked me how far I am along and when I am due, I would tell them end of January.  And every single time, the response is, "Oh wow, that's very fast.  Get ready to have sleepless nights."

Yeah, you may think it's fast but it's really not.  But I have reached the 8th month now.  Yes, 31 weeks = 8th month (depends on which website).  Some say 29 weeks.  Some say 32 weeks.  But yes, it's 31 weeks now.  

It sounds like so near and yet so far.  Anyway, just an update.

Belly button
My innie has finally became an outie and my nephew likes to dig in it.  

Hospital bag
I read that I should start packing the hospital bag at week 34.  Some pack at week 37.  I have packed some things though.

Be prepare for sleepless nights
I was told to get ready for the sleepless nights and start to rest more now when I can.  Well, I just want to say this.  I don't think I can make up the sleepless nights later by having more rest now.  I know I would miss this luxury of sleeping in and napping for few hours during weekends, but I cannot make up for the sleep later.  It's ridiculous.  I have to get ready for the sleepless nights, yes.  

Anxiety
I have a lot of anxiety, seriously to the point of insomnia.  I tried my best not to think so much but worry that I might missed out some things later.  There are so many things that I need to do now and I am worried that my body is not up to it.  I know I have to start reminding my husband, but he is more absent minded than me.  And it's totally wrong timing that our home is finally ready for vacant possession and thus the loan repayment begins.  And to sort out hubby's visa which is expiring soon and driving license.  Sigh.  On top of that, my mom, who is my confinement lady will be going away for almost 3 weeks.  Initially I thought, "Aiyah, only in my 8th month, no big deal."  Now it's like, "Oh no...it's the 8th month, what if...???"

Sleeping
Sleeping is also a challenge but once I find the right position, I can sleep through the night (except when I wake up to pee but I fall back to sleep easily).  I can't even explain what position is this.  Basically with head and feet elevated and sleep on the left side with a pregnancy wedge tucked under bump.  Sometimes need to put a pillow in between the legs.  Sometimes not necessary.  I can still sleep directly on my back although it's not recommended.  But I like to sleep this way because baby moves a lot more (or rather I can feel her move more).  Sleeping on the right is not as comfortable but sometimes it works.

Shopping
I am still left with breast pump and cloth diapers.  And the little stuff like wet tissues, cotton balls, big t-shirts (for maternity ward).  I am still not sure if I want to buy that Babymoov sleep thing.

Pain
Am I worried about the pain?  Yes, but I keep telling myself, if my grandmothers (both paternal and maternal) who had 10 children respectively and during that time, there's no such thing as pain killers, I think I can handle the pain of 1 child.

Breastfeeding
Am I worried that I may not be able to breastfeed my child?  Yes.  So many things are unpredictable and I am just hoping for the best.

Weight
Surprisingly from my last check up to now, which is about 2 weeks, I haven't put on weight.  I am not sure if baby has though.  Hopefully I am not starving the baby.  I just don't feel like eating so much now.  It's like I don't have the appetite for food but drink, anytime baby!

Piles
Sigh, my old friend came back.  I had piles removed in 2012 before my first pregnancy but now it's back.  Thanks to the baby weight and me sitting for hours in the toilet bowl.  Just hope it doesn't get any worse so that I can have a normal delivery.

It's equally important
Someone (who is not married and not been pregnant before) asked me if I can relax and wait for delivery now.  I told her no.  Now it's a crucial time.  I have to count and ensure baby moves.  I have to be careful with my movement and not bend so much.  I have to make sure I don't fall since my balance is off now.  Things that are beyond my control are if baby is moving head down or not, if baby's weight is ideal or not (if too big will have to C-sec), if my cervix will open big enough for delivery, if baby would come early or later, if baby would poo when still in my womb.  

She thought that only the first three months are important.  Yes, first three months are prone to miscarriage.  But throughout the pregnancy, a woman can never be sure if everything will be ok.  Even the gynae would say, only when baby is out, can we say everything is ok.

OK, trying my very best to live each day in the present.  Breath in, breath out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department