Rude and ill-mannered

Youngster nowadays are so rude and incomprehensible.  I am talking about those Gen-Y going to college right now.  

See, I worked in a university.  I see many of them day in day out.  Everyday, there is something to talk about regarding their behaviour, attitude and what not.

Why does Gen-Y feels like they own the world?  Is it because of the upbringing?  Is it because the parents give them everything they wanted?  

I don't know what's wrong with them.  But I can see they are becoming society's burden.  Rude and foul-mouthed.  I asked myself, is this how I want my kid to be brought up?

I can make a list of their weird and strange behaviour which we at Gen-X would not understand.

1. After they have entered the lift, they don't keep the lift doors open.  Twice, I have been knocked when the lifts doors close while I was walking into the lift.  

2. They enjoyed chatting in a group and walk in a horizontal row.  They don't care if they blocked anyone.

3. Even if you are carrying a tray of hot food, they don't bother if they knock into you.  Their world is more important than anyone else.

4. They think everyone is at service for them.  Be it you are an employee, a cleaner or a manager.  They really do not care.

And so on and so on.

Just today, I was knocked on purpose by one of them.  He saw me walking towards him.  He was walking towards me.  I moved aside to let him pass.  He insisted on walking in the middle path and hence uses his arm to knock me.  On purpose.  Because there was ample place to walk on the side but he insisted that he needs to walk in the middle path.

Excuse me, I am 9 months pregnant for God's sake.  Anytime, I can deliver.  And this guy doesn't even comprehend my huge stomach or how pregnant I was.

While I do not like to generalise that all Gen-Ys are like this, but I have seen too many of it happening.  Especially those who has maid at home who does everything for them.  

I am sorry if this post hurt anyone.  But all I can say is, we the parents are spoiling them.  Hence it's our fault.  I hope I don't repeat the same mistakes that the parents did.  Because it's irreversible.  

Teach your children to respect elders.  Help out those in need.  Understand what it's like to be in other's shoes.  Teach them to be kind and compassionate.  Teach them to love and not hate.  Tell them foul language is very bad.  Teach them to be useful.  Share life with them, not just gadgets and stuff.

The list goes on and on.  I am hoping I can do all these with my kid.  Let's make it a trend to be nice and kind.  Not rude, ill-mannered and what not.

Sorry for the vent.  But I really cannot tahan people seeing you pregnant and knock on you on purpose.  It's almost like not offering a seat for you in the LRT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department