The last appointment

So, today is my last scheduled appointment with Dr Jason.  And now only I find out how the whole system works at his clinic and the hospital.  Call me an idiot, which I did to myself today, but after 9 months of pregnancy, today I found out how to spend my time at the hospital effectively.

First, go as early as 7.30am, or even earlier if you wish.  The numbering system has started although no staff will be there to man the counter yet.  And although the main glass door remain closed, you can enter through the side door.  I was No.3.

By 8am, the counter will start calling the number.  Register and go for your breakfast.  I used to think that I needed to wait for the nurses to call me to pee and weigh and then only breakfast.  It is not arranged that way.  It's arranged as per your registration number.

Go to Level LG to the cafeteria and order a nice breakfast.  Here in the mornings, they usually served fried kueh teow, fried mee, fried rice or french toast.  There are some kuihs too.  Order your drinks which is self-service.  There's Madeleine Cafe just outside the Women and Child clinics and also Starbucks on Level G.

By 8.30am, the nurses will start their work.  Go back to Level 2 and the nurse will call you to pee and weigh. And don't worry if you don't have much pee.  Just a tiny bit will do coz I peed and pooed before this and was left with only 1mm of pee.  The nurse said no problem.

After that, if you want to wait there, go ahead.  I find the chairs there are uncomfortable and the children crying breaks my heart, so I would go to Level G and sit at the sofa near the Admission Counter.  Watch something on YouTube or play game on iPad while waiting.  There's good WiFi connection.

Go up around 9.30-10am.  That's when the doctor would come in after his rounds in the ward.  Your number will be called shortly.  I was done by 10.45am.

So what's happening to me?  My EDD is 26 January 2016.  If she is not out by then, doctor will induce me on 28 January 2016.  He doesn't want to wait too long.  The doctor told me that because of the long weekend, he would be going outstation.  So if I start to have contractions, I should admit early.  Don't wait until the contraction is too near apart.  Because he would have to rush back from wherever he is to the hospital.

Baby is 3.38kg+- and heart beat about 130+bpm.  Stomach/body is a little big while legs are a little short.  Sigh.  I just hope she is normal.  

Baby, please come out when you are expected to due, which is 26 January.  So that I don't have to go to work or take leave.  Don't let the doctor induce you, please.  And don't let mommy have c-section please.  Be a good girl, ok?  Can't wait to see you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department