The waiting game

I asked few of my colleagues who had been pregnant before, what were the signs right before labour?  Just like what were the symptoms right before a BFP kinda question.

No one knows for sure.  Some said their water bag broke.  Some said they felt nothing.  Some said they felt contractions.  Everyone is different.  And every pregnancy is different.

So now, the waiting game continues.  When is my due date?

The gynae said it's 26 January 2016 based on my LMP.  I have a dilemma now and I am not sure if I am overthinking things (which my colleagues said I am) but just want to be rational about the whole situation.

You see, the pregnancy can be 42 weeks.  I will be 40 weeks on 26 January 2016, that's when I am supposed to be due.  Baby is measuring at 3.2kg now, which means she can only add another 0.1kg = 3.3kg if she comes out at 40 weeks sharp.  I am not sure to what extend my gynae will induce me if I am overdue, like how overdue is overdue.  And is he the type who would not want to wait?  In 2 weeks time it's CNY and he will be away, so would that mean he would induce me anyhow, if I am still not due yet?

I am still working.  Thinking to work till I pop.  I would love to take advance leave but here's the problem.  How many days of leave do I take before I pop?  Do I want to start maternity leave early?  

Monday, 25 January 2016 is Thaipusam replacement holiday in Selangor.  That means if I am not due on 26 January 2016, should I go back to work or wait at home?  Do I take leave that day or what?

I have a feeling, though it may not be accurate, that I will deliver on 28 Jan 2016.  Somehow I like the number 28.  But according to numerology, 26 Jan 2016 is equal to 9, which is a good number.  

So when am I going to pop?  People said anytime now.  Yeah, give me the exact date please.  I wish there's something that can calculate accurately.  Even in modern times, no one knows when a woman will deliver.  How great is God?

I am trying not to be induced.  I am trying my best to have a natural birth and no c-section.  I am gathering all my strengths and faith and courage not to have an epidural.  But in the end, only the baby can decide when she would like to see the world.  

Hey baby, I know it's comfortable inside there, warm and fuzzy.  But it's getting tight there with not much space for you to move around.  I know coming out into the world can be scary and you will not get your feedings as and when you like, like now in the womb, like room service.  But rest assured, I will make sure you get fed before you cry for milk.  And I know when you come out, you only get milk and not the taste that your mommy has been putting into her mouth.

We have everything ready already.  Your daddy is waiting.  Your grandparents are waiting.  Everyone is waiting.  You will come out eventually before CNY.  So that's not a problem.

Because there's not space for you to move around, every punch and kick that you do every night is giving mommy a lot of discomfort.  But am also delighted to know you are active.

Not sure if it was sugar rush or you dislike Nutella or love it too much, but after devouring that delicious Nutella sandwich that your daddy made, you were moving like crazy for half an hour non-stop.  And I noticed you moved more when I meditate at night.  Are you excited or what?

Mommy is still working though.  And still driving to work because it's crazy to ask anyone to send me to work and for them to get stuck in jam all the way home.  And I know I have set some conditions on when you should come out.  So here are they.  

  • Don't come out during traffic jams.  As it is, mommy tried to leave work as punctual as possible and to go work as early as possible to avoid jams.
  • Don't come out when mommy is at work.  I don't wish to trouble my colleagues to send me to the hospital, although it's just 5 minutes drive from here.  Tomorrow is another day's work before I am due.  So hopefully, you will come out on the exact day or during the weekend.
  • Would prefer for you to come out when everyone's at home.  And I can bath before going to the hospital.  The only time for this is at night.  

Mommy's boss, who is super controlling and micromanaging is piling my work up.  As if she envy my 2 months maternity leave.  I also don't know why she wants me to start something knowing full well I won't be able to complete it before maternity.  I guess she wants to make sure when I come back to work in 2 months time, I have lots to do.  Sigh.  It's hard to explain to someone who has not married before and not gotten pregnant at all.  Since this week, she has been sending me new tasks to do, every single day.

Mommy don't know what to do now.  If you don't come out on the 26th, do I still go to work that day and wait?  Do I take leave for the next whole week?  I will be meeting gynae on the 23rd only and see what he says.  If he says to wait, then what should I do?

So far mommy has not much symptoms, let alone Braxton Hicks.  Except that I can feel you are getting lower and lower.  I have to walk with my legs wide open.  And have to carry my stomach at times because I felt like peeing.

Other than that, I don't have any nesting symptoms now, I don't feel a sudden surge of energy.  Instead, I feel so tired and would be happy to get a good night sleep throughout.

So baby, do come out when you are due.  26th January 2016 is a good day.  It's India Republic Day.  Don't make the doctor induce me.  Do come out on your own, ok?  I will be ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Grand Lexis vs Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

The Big Kindy Search Continues

PPUM Pediatrics Emergency Department